Friday, March 28, 2014

IBS

IBS week 18
Ephesians 3:21a               
Now to him who is able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or think,
I have quoted this verse several times and heard it quoted hundreds of times but, this verse came to live during this past week as I was on Namgombi. I was there  washing the small johnboat that I use to cross over the lake and I noticed that the bottom needed to be washed so I lifted the boat and kept it raised by setting it on top of a tire. As I went to lift the back of the boat it was significantly heavier and I could not simultaneously lift the boat and slide the tire under. So I saw a teenage boy who had been sitting there watching me and was now doing something with the trash that was there on the beach I motioned for him to come over then in my broken Luganda I asked him to push the tire under the boat as I lifted it. The boy didn’t understand but he walked back to the spot he had been toying with the trash and he brought it over. What he was doing was making an abrasive cloth that I scrub the bottom of the boat with; the boy didn’t stop there though he began scrubbing the boat himself. Eventually I was able to put another tire under the boat with his help. This boy helped me for nearly an hour.
                This boy reminded me of Ephesians 3:21a how we serve a God who is able to do more than we can ever ask or imagine. The way this boy did way more than I ever would have asked but then I think about the God I serve and how he is the same way that he can and does do so much more than we ask. The amount of amazing opportunities I have had has really shown me that as I have been here in Uganda. Just with all of the people I have gotten to meet work with and befriend I can surely see that he has done way more than I could have imagined.
I pray that as I return to the U.S. that I will continue to recognize the amount of love and grace the Lord shows me.


No comments:

Post a Comment